By: From the editors With a new therapeutic product, researchers have managed to cure arthritis in mice for the first time.
The scientists are now planning to test the efficacy of the drug in humans. Rheumatoid arthritis causes inflammation of multiple joints, such as the knee joint, as shown here.
Photo: istock. The joint capsule becomes swollen, and the disease can also destroy cartilage and bone as it progresses.
TRIMITEȚI-NE UN E-MAIL
Rheumatoid arthritis affects 0. Up to this point, doctors have used various drugs to slow or stop the progression of the disease. But now, ETH Zurich researchers have ebenalp suisse anti aging a therapy that takes the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in mice to a new level: after receiving the medication, researchers consider the animals to be fully cured.
- Ulei de patchouli antirid
- Recapata-ti mobilitatea cu Therabee Gel 1+1
- Не знаю -- возможно, путем отбора тех, кто выходит из Зала Творения.
- Finest Apothecary Skincare – Kiehl’s
- О чем они думали.
- Supliment alimentar anti-imbatranire
The drug is a biotechnologically produced active substance consisting of two fused components. ETH scientists have coupled an antibody to IL-4 that, based on the key-lock principle, binds to a form of a protein that is found only in inflamed tissue in certain diseases and in tumour tissue.
- Creme anti-imbatranire aluria
- Avantajul lui Therabee Gel este ca actioneaza in profunzime pentru un rezultat de lunga durata si nu doar calmeaza temporar zona afectata.
- Parcursul său profesional a început după absolvirea Universității București în anul în Târgu Mureș, la Spitalul Universitar.
- Его тюрьмой стала созданная искусственно странная звезда, известная под названием Черное солнце, и там он и остается по сей день.
- Doctor ginecolog Cătălin Teodosiu | Casa românilor din Elveţia
They used a mouse model in which the animals developed swollen, inflamed toes and paws within a few days. Among other things, the researchers studied the fusion molecule in combination with dexamethasone, a cortisone-like anti-inflammatory drug that is already used to treat rheumatoid arthritis in humans. The researchers started treating each mouse as soon as they began showing signs of the disease in the form of swollen extremities.
Clinical trials in the next year When used separately, the new fusion molecule and dexamethasone managed only to slow the progression of the disease in the affected animals. In contrast, the typical signs of arthritis, such as swollen toes and paws, disappeared completely within a few days when both medications were administered at the same time.
Concentrations of a whole range of immune messengers in blood and inflamed tissue, which are changed in rheumatoid arthritis, returned to their normal levels. Based on the promising results from the animal model, Philochem is currently preparing to test the new drug in clinical trials on people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
According to the researchers, these tests will begin in the next year. PNAS, online publication 4 Augustdoi: